Low carb bread recipe
Low Carb Bread Recipe
pastured eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup
grass-fed Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- Grass-fed butter or ghee (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. No carb keto bread use middle rack and remove any racks above as bread will expand while baking.
2. Generously butter a loaf pan/dish with grass-fed butter. (Side note: If possible,use a ceramic pan. The bread will cook evenly without sticking, and a ceramic pan won’t leach chemicals like Teflon cookware will.)
3. Beat 6 egg whites until stiff peaks form – a hand mixer on high works well. Really beat the whites until the peaks are VERY stiff. If you don’t beat them enough, they’ll collapse when you add the whey and egg yolks, and you’ll end up with a Styrofoam-like concoction. Yuck.
4. Add ½ cup of Bulletproof Collagen Protein and the 6 yolks. Blend gently on low just until fully incorporated. The batter will be fluffy.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish and place in oven.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove and allow to cool completely. The loaf will sink to a normal height.
8. Once fully cooled, release from dish, slice and serve.
9. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days.
Reheating recommendation: No carb keto bread heat a skillet to medium-high and add ghee or grass-fed butter, sear bread slices in skillet until lightly toasted on each side, about 30 seconds per side.
Do not overheat. Use heat-stable collagen over whey protein, and keep in mind that oxidized cholesterol from the cooked egg yolks can cause a little inflammation, so don’t eat this every day.
Stick to every few days, if you can control yourself for No carb keto bread.
Share this post