Healthiest human diet – In case you’re unsure of what you can consume on a keto diet, here’s a simple keto diet food list for you to get you on track.
The food you’ll need to stick to consists of the following:
- Fats & oils. Make sure that the fat you’re consuming is from natural sources such as meat and nuts. If you’re using supplements make sure they are saturated or monounsaturated fats such as butter, olive oil and coconut oil.
- Attempt to keep to the grass-fed, organic meat whenever possible. Majority of meats don’t possess added sugars so you can eat them in moderate amounts. Just don’t overload on protein because it’s not a good thing when you’re on keto.
- It doesn’t matter if they are frozen or fresh. Keep to the above ground vegetables, prioritizing leafy and green ones.
- Full-fat dairy products are preferred even though it’s ok to consume most dairy products. Cheeses that are harder usually have less carbs.
- Nuts and seeds. In moderate amounts, nuts and seeds can be utilized to make some awesome textures. Focus on consuming nuts that have higher fat ratios such as macadamias and almonds.
- Keep it simple and keep to consuming water for the most part. In case you need some flavor utilize some stevia based flavorings or lime/lemon juice.
So let’s start our list of by breaking down the first item on the list.
Fats and Oils
Since fats will be the biggest source of your day to day calories when you’re following a healthiest human diet, some choices should be considered while thinking about what you like and dislike to eat. There are a lot of ways to mix them into your meals such as dressings, sauces or adding butter to a piece of meat.
Fats are crucial for our body but they can also be very harmful if you don’t know which ones are good and you eat too much of the wrong sorts of fats. A few different sorts of fats exists that you should know when you’re on a healthiest human diet. They are present in different foods that have different combinations of fats, however the ones that are unhealthy are quite easy to stay away from. A short glance of the fats:
- Saturated fats. These are good for you, consume these. They are present in ghee, coconut oil, lard and butter.
- Monounsaturated fats. Also good and healthy. These are present in avocado, macadamia nut oils and olive.
- Polyunsaturated fats. These are a bit tricky. The ones that are natural and present in animal protein and fatty fish are really good for your body, but the processed ones like the ones in margarine are really bad.
- Trans fats. Stay away from these at all costs. They are extremely processed fats that are synthetically modified to better their shelf life. Stay away from all hydrogenated fats like the ones in margarine since they are connected to heart illnesses.
The first two sorts we mentioned (saturated and monounsaturated fats) found in butter, avocado, egg yolks, coconut oil and macadamia nuts cause less aggravation and have a more stable chemical structure which is why they are the preferred sort to consume.
When you’re on keto it’s also important that you keep the balance between the omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids and you can achieve this by eating wild salmon, trout, shellfish, tuna which balance out the omega 3 fatty acids. In case you’re not too crazy about eating fish you can always get a fish oil supplement which will help you out maybe pick up some krill oil.
Don’t overload on nuts and seeds because they may contain a lot of omega 6 fatty acids that are inflammatory. These incorporate products such as walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, corn oil and sunflower oil. A pretty safe way to keep your omega 6 fatty acids in check consist of eating fatty fish, not snacking too often and not eating too many desserts.
Crucial fatty acids are in charge of important functions in our body, but more often than not they aren’t properly balanced when you’re on a typical diet. When you’re on keto, with just a little planning and practice your omega fatty acids can be balanced with ease.
A few keto foods that are great for this category of fats and oils keto diet foods list are:
- Egg yolks
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Macadamia oil
- Avocado oil
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Cocoa butter
- Macadamia/Brazil nuts
- Fatty Fish
- Animal Fat- not hydrogenated
The best source of protein you can opt for is grass-fed or pasture-raised because this way you’ll lower the risk of taking unwanted bacteria and steroid hormones to a minimum. Also opt for the darker parts of the meat which contains more fat rather than the white one when choosing poultry.
Red meat on the other hand doesn’t have much about it to stay away from. Not too often, sausages and cured meats might have some added sugars in them and some other processed compounds. If you opt for a nice piece of steak, make it a ribeye cut because it’s much fattier. If you opt for beef also stick to some fat pieces with a ratio of 80/20.
The thing you need to be aware of when consuming meat is calculating the exact amount of protein you eat because consuming too much of it will result in decreased levels of ketone creation and higher glucose creation and that’s not something you want on your healthiest human diet food list.
Balancing the protein with some fattier dishes on the side is crucial for maintaining your state of ketosis. Opting for lean beef is a bit tricky since it can easily throw you off your balance as well as some jerky and similar beef snacks. Always consume it with something that contains healthy fats such as cheese.
Here’s a protein keto diet food list you can stay on:
- Best if you can find wild-caught fish such as cod, catfish, halibut, flounder, mahi-mahi, snapper, tuna, trout, salmon and mackerel.
- Squid, lobster, clams, scallops, crab and mussels.
- Whole Eggs. Getting free-range eggs is best especially from a neighborhood store. They can be cooked in various ways such as deviled, fried, poached, boiled and scrambled.
- Steak, ground beef, stew meat and roasts. The fattier the cuts the better it is for you.
- Pork loin, ground pork, tenderloin, pork chops and ham. Be aware of added sugars and also pick fattier cuts.
- Duck, quail, chicken, pheasant and so on.
- Organ/Offal. Liver, heart, tongue and kidney. Definitely one of the greatest wellsprings of nutrients and vitamins.
- Other meat. Goat, turkey, veal, goat and so on. Of course fattier cuts of it.
- Bacon and Sausage. Make sure to read the label for any added sugars or extra ingredients.
- Nut Butter. Stick to natural, unsweetened nuts as well as fattier variations such as almond butter and macadamia nut butter. Limit the consumption of peanut butter since its high on omega 6 fatty acids.
Fruits and Vegetables
Vegetables are very important for any healthy keto diet food list so of course they found their way on ours. Regardless of that fact there are some vegetables that are quite high on sugars and have to be excluded from our daily healthiest human diet.
The best sort of vegetable for keto would be one that is low in carbs and has an abundance of nutrients. Most of the vegetables that have meet this criteria are dark and leafy. Anything that looks like kale and spinach would be a great addition to any meal you have.
Basically vegetables that grow above ground are considered good for keto, especially those that are green and leafy. Try to pick organic ones because of the lack of pesticides used on them but it’s not too big of a deal if you can’t find organic since some studies have discovered that there isn’t a big difference in the nutritional value between organic and non-organic vegetables. It doesn’t matter whether you opt for fresh or frozen ones since they are both great to eat.
You don’t have to stick only to vegetables that are growing above ground although you’ll have to be mindful of the amount of carbs the ones that grow below ground have.
There isn’t an exact rule that would fit perfectly but try to pick veggies while calculating the carbs according to your daily macro needs.
Some vegetables you ought to avoid or consume in moderation are:
- High carb vegetables. Such as garlic, onion, squash and mushrooms.
- Such as eggplant, peppers and tomato.
- Including blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Such as lime, lemon, and orange juice.
- Entirely keep away from vegetables and fruits that are starchy such as bananas and potatoes.
Even though dairy items are usually paired with every meal when you’re on keto it’s still important to consume moderate amounts and not overload. You should balance out the dairy in meals with vegetables, protein, and cooking oils/added fats.
Of course it’s best to get organic and raw dairy if possible instead of processed ones which are much higher on the carb count. Opting for full fat items is preferred instead of low-fat or fat-free because of the larger carb count.
In case you’re lactose intolerant or at least sensitive, pick hard and aged dairy items because of their lower lactose amount.
Some dairy items that should be on your keto diet foods list are:
- Greek yogurt
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cottage cheese, cream cheese, mascarpone, crème fraiche, sour cream and so on.
- Mozzarella, blue, Monterey jack, brie, Colby and so on.
- Cheddar, parmesan, swiss, feta and so on.
- Mayonnaise and some mayo alternatives that have dairy.
Consuming dairy is an excellent way to squeeze in some extra fats in your suppers by utilizing them to make sauces, or side portions such as creamed spinach but don’t forget that it also contains proteins. So don’t just skip over counting the amount of protein in dairy because it might interfere with your daily macronutrient count.
There’s a chance that you may hit a point where the weight loss isn’t as big as on the start and at this point you’ll have to eat less dairy because it is the reason that something like that might happen.
Nuts and Seeds
Consuming roasted nuts and seeds is the proper way to go when you want to get some of these, mainly because when roasted a lot of anti-nutrients are taken out of them. Peanuts ought to be avoided when you can since they are not exactly permitted on the healthiest human diet foods list.
Raw nuts can also be utilized to add flavor or even some texture to different meals. Some individuals opt to eat them as a snack but sometimes it can actually counter the weight reduction goals. In fact, any type of snacking will increase the insulin levels and result in slower weight reduction on the long haul.
Even though nuts are an amazing source of fats some of them are also high on carbs and you have to be careful when picking which ones to eat. They have some protein as well so take that into consideration as well. If you are thinking about utilizing nut flours keep in mind that they can add up to the amount of protein you consume quite fast.
Another precaution is that they can have a lot of omega 6 fatty acids so stay alert of the amount you eat. Ideally you want to keep to the fattier nuts with the lowest carb count.
So on the nuts that would be on the keto diet foods list are:
- Macadamia nuts, brazil nuts and pecans (High-fat, low-carb)
- Walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts and pine nuts. (High-fat, moderate-carb)
- Pistachios and cashews (high-carb)
Water and Drinks
Something you have to be careful of is dehydration especially when you’re starting out your keto diet because it has a natural diuretic impact. So being prepared to consume a lot of water would be best particularly if you’re prone to bladder pains or urinary infections.
Even though the recommended amount is around 8 glasses of water per day, it’s usually much better to drink even more. Staying hydrated is very important and has a key role in our day to day lives. Probably a gallon of a water each day is what is best for everyone.
Although a lot of individuals take ketoproof coffee at the start of the day to get a little increase in energy as well as some fat, it’s also crucial to drink some flavored drinks once in a while. Mainly because getting too much caffeine might result in less weight loss so try to limit your coffee consumption to a 2 cups maximum.
To stay away from the keto flu when starting the keto diet make sure you avoid dehydration and replenish electrolytes by drinking a lot of fluids such as sports drinks sweetened with stevia or sucralose or bone broth.
So drinking items that reached our keto diet foods list are:
- Unsweetened Coconut and Almond milk
Spices, Condiments and Sauces
Spices actually contain carbs so don’t overload your food with them. Utilize sea salt instead of table salt since it’s occasionally mixed with powdered dextrose.
Majority of premade spice blends usually contain added sugars so be sure to check out the label in order to know exactly what you’re buying.
Some herbs and spices that made our keto diet foods list are:
- Cayenne pepper
- Chili powder
The sauces and condiments are actually kind of a gray area when you’re on keto because if you’re trying to be on a strict healthiest human diet, premade condiments and sauces are best avoided. A lot of them have added sugars or utilize different unhealthy sweeteners.
In case you’re keen on making your own condiments and sauces you should definitely get xanthan gum or guar. They are thickeners that is utilized to make the sauces less watery and low carb in the same time.
However the sauces and condiments that made to our keto diet foods list are:
- Ketchup (low or no sugar added at all)
- Hot sauce
- Mayonnaise (with avocado oil and cage-free if available)
- Relish (low or no sugar added at all)
- Sauerkraut (low or no sugar added at all)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Flavored syrups (with keto friendly sweeteners)
- Salad dressings (ideally fattier dressings such as ranch or caesar)
It’s generally best to keep away from anything that tastes sweet but we all know that sometimes you absolutely have to get something sweet in your mouth and we have some choices for you that will keep you in ketosis.
The best versions of all sweeteners are in liquid form because they lack maltodextrin and dextrose. Anyway the sweeteners that made it to our healthiest human diet foods list are:
- Monk fruit
Share this post