How To Use CBD Oil For Pain
The Cannabis plant has been utilized to provide relief for a very long time and the reason it actually works to counter pain is because of one of its active substances known as CBD that is present in all the cannabis plant species.
There are very old Chinese scripts that date back to 2900 B.C. and in them cannabis is mentioned as a way to find relief from pain in the joints. Some utilized cannabis along with some wine before having some procedures done on them. Around 1000 B.C. in India it was discovered that the plant was appreciated as a general health improver.
Even though many substances present in the cannabis have been utilized to improve health of individuals in the past, including the compound THC which is psychoactive, we are aware from different more recent research that CBD is a great addition to the modern medicine.
CBD oil for pain relief is only one of the many benefits that CBD offers and it’s also one of the most popular ones. It works to counter pain by suppressing some processes and signals that occur in the brain to relieve the body from the pain.
So one of the biggest reasons why many people opt to start using CBD oil is because of its popular effects that counter pain.
CBD Oil For Pain Relief
The way that CBD improves symptoms of pain is through the many points of interaction between the endocannabinoid systems and our major body control systems. The system mentioned is actively supporting overall comfort and the cannabinoids that answer to the receptors are working to improve comfort and thus decrease discomfort.
There has been a lot of research done on the positives that cannabis substances bring like THC and CBD. What those studies discovered is that the CBD oil is able to provide relief for many types of discomfort by interacting with our brain.
One particular area that is usually connected to CBD oil for pain relief is the pain felt in joints. Although there is a lot more we need to learn about this through research, there are studies out there that already found that CBD is useful and decreases joint pains.
How to Use CBD Oil For Pain Relief
There are more than one way to use CBD oil for pain so what follows is a few ways you can utilize it both topically and orally.
Tinctures:- A quite famous way to use CBD oil are tinctures because it’s easy to track precisely how much of the oil you’re consuming. The tinctures are made by extracting the oil using alcohol or a different solvent. The way to use it is by getting a dropper and put some drops below your tongue. Some manufacturers utilize natural flavors, fatty oils or carrier oils in their tinctures.
Oils:- The CBD oils are best and most efficient when they are so called full spectrum which is basically oils that have all the substances that are naturally present in the plant, like cannabinoids essential oils, terpenes, and a of course small amounts of THC. CBD oils are usually found in droppers and the way to use them is by putting a drop of it under your tongue and hold it there for about 15 seconds before swallowing.
Powder:- The powder form of CBD can be utilized by adding it to juices, smoothies, water or any drink. The dosage instructions are usually on the labels so make sure you check that one out before using it.
Capsules:- The way to consume the CBD capsules is orally with some water and they can be found in different doses ranging from 10-40 mg. Usually capsules with CBD can be consumed 1-3 times per day depending on how much pain you feel.
Topical solution: Gels, lotions and topical salves that have CBD can be purchased and used on the spot where you feel the pain whether it’s the lower back, knees, hands, feet or neck. The directions of how to use and how much to use are on the back of the label so make sure you check that out as well.
How Much CBD Oil For Pain Should You Use?
Since there isn’t any prescribed amount of CBD you should use when trying to get some relief from pain because not everyone react the same to the cannabinoids, you should take a few things into account such as your goals, your severity of pain and starting working dosage.
1. Specific goals: For you to start taking CBD oil for pain you need to know the dosage first as well as your health goals. For pain relief it’s important to determine what type of pain you want to decrease in order to be able to track if the dose of CBD oil for pain you took is doing its job or you’ll need to up it a little bit.
2. Severity of pain: Another thing that the dosage of CBD oil for pain will depend on is the severity of pain you feel. There are usually 3 categories and the dosages for them are:
- Low (you should start with a dosage of 5-10 mg
- Medium (you should start with a dosage of 10-20 mg
- High or very high (you should start with a dosage of 20-40 mg
Make sure you consult with a doctor or a specialist before you do this.
3. Effectiveness of starting dosage: After the first two are determined, the next thing to check is to take not if the dosage you’re taking is doing what it’s supposed to do, alleviate pain.
- Keep in mind that it’s always better to start with a low dosage and up it from there according to your needs because of the different sensitivity to cannabis substances in different individuals. You might need a very small amount to feel the benefits.
- To check if the dosage is working start it out by the low end of the suggested amount and see consume it for about a week to notice any differences. If you feel better and the pain is starting to let go, than great. If there aren’t any, it’s time to up the dosage a bit and do the same again.
CBD oil for pain relief usually acts in about an hour of the utilization, or in some cases about 30 minutes and it would go on for as long as 6 hours so it’s usually recommended to take a dose every 6 hours.
Read More :- 10 Superfoods and Plants With Cannabinoids
CBD Oil For Pain – Possible Side Effects
Although quite small the research done so far on utilizing CBD shows that there are some side effects and that the body doesn’t develop any tolerance for CBD. When compared to THC, CBD doesn’t have the toxic effects to the mind that THC has.
At the moment there are a lot of manufacturers out there that have their products out for sale and not all of them are safe to use so make sure you’re careful. Don’t use any CBD oils that aren’t tested for various contaminants, instead search for an item that has a certificate of analysis that guarantees it’s been examined in a specialized lab.
Another thing that is preferred is to pick organic CBD oil for pain relief because the plant that produces this oil can absorb a lot of different types of toxic compounds from the water, air and soil and lose a lot of the benefits it otherwise has.