Best chocolate chip cookie recipe – While homemade chocolate chip cookies are the best option for lazy summer afternoons, unexpected snow days, or that Christmas celebration that simply wouldn't be the same without these beauties on the cookie tray, store-bought or commercial cookies are occasionally acceptable.
When it comes to sweets, candy and desserts, we’re often reliant on carb-heavy nibbles.
Sugar and starch form the basis of many of our treasured treats. But what if you’re on a path to reduce and limit the number of carbs you’re taking in.
Keto is one of those many circumstances where limiting carbs, especially in the form of simple sugars, is a necessary step.
Often viewed as a trend or a fad, keto or ketosis is actually rewiring of your internal biochemistry. Because of this, being on keto should be undertaken with mindfulness and caution.
You need to understand the human body’s metabolic function both in general terms and specific to yourself.
One major drawback of being able to effectively implement and maintain a healthy state of ketosis is the prevalence of carbs in our immediately available food options.
This problem is fairly easy to bypass when it comes to regular meals. There are many low carb options for your breakfast, lunch and dinner plate.
The problem comes in when you want to treat yourself. Sweets and desserts are forms of pleasure and comfort, so being healthy with these isn’t the main priority.
But keto is specific, even if you’re not necessarily trying to eat “clean” or “healthy”, it’s important to maintain the nutritional profile that allows you to remain in this state.
Here at Life Renu, we love chocolate chip cookies in particular.
Because of this, we’ve come up with an awesome best chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I hope you enjoy!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie RecipeStore-bought or commercial cookies are occasionally acceptable.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk
- 3 tbsp. Unflavored Whey Protein
- 8 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp. chocolate Extract
- 10 drops of liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Calories (kcal) 200 Fat (g) 17
Carbohydrates (g) 2
Protein (g) 4
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F).
- Melt, but don’t heat the butter.
- Mix butter and xylitol in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 20 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add the chocolate chips and knead them into the dough until you achieve an even distribution
- Now you can either divide the dough into 12 equal-sized balls, which you will then flatten, or you can roll out the dough and cut 12 cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Once your cookies are formed, place on a greased tray and place in the heated oven for 12mins.
- After this, allow them to cool and set for about 30 minutes.
These best chocolate chip cookie recipe are the perfect snack time treat alternative to your regular flour and sugar-based cookies.
Remember to store them in an airtight container and in a cool, dry place.
They can be stored for up to 7 days, so share and eat up!
Share this post