Almond flour peanut butter cookies – Nothing beats a good cookie or two when your sweet tooth cravings start to tickle.
As a quick preface, we advocate for healthy nutrition, but healthy nutrition does not blindly eliminate tasty treats, treats such as almond flour peanut butter cookies.
That’s because our concept of healthy nutrition is not just about the quality of the food, it’s also about the attitude towards it.
And for us, a healthy attitude is one that allows for the odd cookie or two.
Traditionally, cookies are based on high carb ingredients. Lots of sugar and lots of flour.
This ordinarily shouldn’t present a problem, unless of course, you’re on keto.
In the case of keto, we’ve concocted an amazing alternative cookie recipe for you to enjoy.
These almond flour peanut butter cookies are perfect for any keto-adapted or low carb diet.
And as a bonus, we’ve given this recipe a bit of a twist, a twist in the form of peanut butter.
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ¾ tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ tbsp Salt
- 4 Oz Unsalted, melted butte
- ½ Cup Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Oz Xylitol
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F) and line a baking tray with parchment
Calories (kcal) 200, Fat (g) 17, Carbohydrates (g) 2, Protein (g) 4.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F) and line a baking tray with parchment
2. Mix all ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, egg, salt, butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, xylitol) in a large bowl until a smooth pliable dough is formed.
3. Now divide the dough into 12 equal-sized balls for smaller cookies or 8 equal-sized balls for larger cookies.
4. Flatten the dough balls with a fork until uniformly shaped disks are formed.
5. Place on a lined baking tray and place the tray in the oven.
6. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
7. After baking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve or store for up to a week.
These peanut butter cookies are a double whammy, both delicious and nutritious.
You can add so many extra ingredients to the mix to make things more interesting.
Chopped nuts and sugar-free chocolate chips are options. You can also experiment with different nut butters.
Just avoid cashews and cashew butter, that’s because cashews are very carby.
The low carb profile of these almond flour peanut butter cookies isn’t just great for a keto-adapted diet, its also a great snack treat for the gluten-sensitive folks out there.